Well things are getting exciting now...one more sleep to go. I booked my taxi to the airport in the morning....well I think I did.....after being on hold forever this lady answers "Glen is that you" ..uh....no. "Oh oops" she says "this is the taxi company". No kidding! So I asked to be picked up at 4:45 a.m. (shudder..) and gave her my info and she cheerfully told me to call in the morning to double check that they will pick me up. Um....I thought booking a taxi meant I didn't have to call in before....oh well should be interesting. But I have two people on standby in case the stupid taxi doesn't turn up. Hopefully this time tomorrow I will be sitting in the North West jet in Minneapolis waiting for take off. I damn well better be!!! :)
I have decided to put the Thames Path on hold until I am back in London next month and we have more Spring like weather...I will be going into a more rural area that is prone to flooding as well. I am staying at about five miles maximum a day as well...my knees and feet have been giving me major grief so I am not pushing myself. However that doesn't mean I don't want to walk. One of my favourite British Walking Federation walks is one that starts at Westminster tube station and covers 10km to St Katherines Docks just east of the Tower of London. Yesterday I walked as far as St Paul's and will do the rest of the walk in the next couple of days. Normally I do this entire 10 km walk my first day in London but not this time... So here are some of the highlights along the way....what a gorgeous day it was. A different view of Big Ben Can you believe this was my first time on Parliament Square Another hero on Parliament Square Classic ...
Comments