Skip to main content

Home again home again jiggity jog

Yep home for 54 hours at least. What a great trip - had such a good time. The trip back was pretty good and both flights left on time and arrived early - perfect! The bus stop in Raleigh was a bit exciting with a fight starting up and four cop cars arriving. I beat a retreat into a nearby Irish pub for a coffee (yep was good - figured I needed my wits about me) until the (once an hour) bus came. See I am cheap and for two dollars I could take the local bus out to the airport rather than $16 for a shuttle or (gasp) $35 for a taxi. With my crazy lifestyle I have to cut corners somehow. The bus ride was fine and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Getting off at the airport was a bit tricky as I stupidly got off the back of the bus that had steps (the front didn't) and with my bad knees I had to put my suitcase out first and it rolled a bit under the bus. I had visions of the bus driving over it but a kind lady held the door open while I retrieved my suitcase.

Of course being on eastern seaboard time I was wide awake at 5 a.m. this morning - I will no doubt be dragging my ass by 8 pm tonight if not sooner.

All my pictures are uploaded to the computer and tomorrow's project is to buy a new UV filter.

There wasn't as much snow as I had thought there would be - bonus! But looking forward to this weekend.

THE ticket was waiting in my mailbox - woo hoo. Paul and Ringo here I come! Wonder if they are as excited to see me as I am to see them. Somehow I doubt it - oh well. It is a 'variety' show so to speak (benefit concert for promoting meditation) with other artists including Sheryl Crowe (snore) and Donovan (yes! - okay I am stuck in the 60's - so sue me...) but Paul is the headliner and here's hoping he and Ringo share the stage at some point. Two Beatles on one stage - yee haw! I expect those boys to ROCK AND ROLL - yeah they're old but they still have it - esp. Paul. And I plan to boogy my ass off - and hopefully I won't need a hip or knee replacement when I get back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk from Westminster to St Paul's Cathedral

I have decided to put the Thames Path on hold until I am back in London next month and we have more Spring like weather...I will be going into a more rural area that is prone to flooding as well.  I am staying at about five miles maximum a day as well...my knees and feet have been giving me major grief so I am not pushing myself. However that doesn't mean I don't want to walk.  One of my favourite British Walking Federation walks is one that starts at Westminster tube station and covers 10km to St Katherines Docks just east of the Tower of London.  Yesterday I walked as far as St Paul's and will do the rest of the walk in the next couple of days.  Normally I do this entire 10 km walk my first day in London but not this time... So here are some of the highlights along the way....what a gorgeous day it was.  A different view of Big Ben Can you believe this was my first time on Parliament Square Another hero on Parliament Square Classic ...

The Colourful houses of Mazatlan, Mexico

Well this isn't even Throwback Thursday and I am reminiscing about my (all too short) week in Mazatlan, Mexcico in January of 2010.  It was one of my best holidays EVER.  I stayed in a delightful little hotel called La Siesta which was on the waterfront in the central part of town.(known as centro) overlooking the ocean.   I walked around the town photographing buildings, ocean views, dogs....visited the Mercado, attended a fantastic Flamenco dance performance in the restored Teatro (theatre), toasted the sunset with a beer from my balcony every evening and ate at some wonderful restaurants.  I also took a couple of day trips which were okay but my time in Mazatlan overshadowed anything else I did. My one foray into the Gold (tourist) Zone left me horrified and scampering back to my beloved Centro.  And did I mention I did this as a solo trip?  Mexico has had a lot of bad press lately and while there ARE bad things going on there I still believe the average...

Cowboys and Outlaws in the Big Muddy of Saskatchewan

One of the (very) few advantages of being stuck at home during this pandemic has been an opportunity to see more of my home province of Saskatchewan.  Last summer and fall not only did I do a couple of day trips with friends but I took four day tours with Engelheim transport, a local Regina company.   I have to admit my favourite day out was the "Big Muddy Valley and Outlaws" tour. While I had been to the Big Muddy previously many years back I was eager to revisit and learn more of its history.   So in early October, I hopped on board and off we went.  The bus is only booked to half capacity so it was easy to social distance, hand gel was a must each time we boarded the bus,  masks were required when you got on and off the bus and in any buildings we visited.  I felt totally safe and oh my, it was so good to have an adventure!!  Despite the name the Big Muddy isn't a big huge puddle of mud but a valley of badlands that were formed from a glac...