Skip to main content

I did it again

Well didn't get kicked out of a bank but nearly walked out of the ladies toilet in the Royal Albert Hall last night with toilet paper sticking out of my behind. A nice lady told me "ma'am, you have paper sticking out of your jacket". My first thought was what paper? And then "oh shit"...Not the first time trust me... sad to say it's the third and probably not the last....thank goodness she told me.. can you imagine walking to my seat with toilet paper hanging out of my butt with everyone seeing. Oh my....bad enough about six ladies saw me (max). Oh well. And I actually got all my kitt off this time - in those cold public bathrooms it's leave the jacket, backpack on and get it over with..now that I could see trailing paper behind...ah well. Wonder what I will do tomorrow?

Anyway...the Messiah was good. I really enjoyed it - I was in the first row in the highest balcony but got a good view of everything. I mean it wasn't Paul so I didn't need to ogle..:) Now I'm good for another three years - that's about how often I can handle it. Otherwise it is a bit much.

As far as yesterday goes..(man it seems so long ago..just yesterday?) I ended up going back to the market in Brick Lane (well one of them) and buying four coasters - they are really unique and hand made by the artist. I also had a meal there as I wandered around different markets in the area - it was a mish mash of different curries and noodles. Probably combining them all didn't do too much for the flavour as it looked better than it tasted - but it was still good. Enjoyed my day out in the East end very much.

Today I took a tour of Westminster Abbey - hadn't been there since 1975 - my first time to London. So decided it was time to go back as I had forgotten a lot of it (been a lot of water under the bridge since then!). I went with London Walks and the guide was so fun and informative. I love the London Walks company and have done a lot of walks with them. Afterwards I walked over to St. Martins in the Fields to their cafe in the crypt and had their turkey lunch but very disappointing - pressed turkey - or it seemed like it and those hideous sausages they have with bacon on - the veggies and potatoes were good at least but that was about it. So left there dissatisfied as I did not finish my meal - which is why there is prawn and mayonnaise sandwich from M & S in my backpack waiting to be devoured when I get back to the B & B....

This afternoon I went to Hyde Park to see Winter Wonderland...tacky but oh well. I had a cup of mulled wine and wandered around. Then on to Marks & Sparks on Oxford St to buy my goodies.

Corrie night tonight..double episode. Goodie goodie. I am in the internet cafe as the internet at the B & B is too unreliable. There is no way I could consider writing a post even this short without it crashing - or worrying about it crashing anyway. Hopefully he gets it looked at. Very disappointing although am using the netbook (and a flash drive) to back up my photographs. And I will probably do an online journal for my use only...somehow my little book from the dollar store hasn't been cracked open yet.

Tomorrow my friend Judi is coming up to London and we are going to the Nutcracker - I picked up the tickets today. So that will be fun - no doubt we will terrorize Oxford St., Regent St. and Carnaby St. - oh well as long as the toilet paper goes down the toilet life is good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk from Westminster to St Paul's Cathedral

I have decided to put the Thames Path on hold until I am back in London next month and we have more Spring like weather...I will be going into a more rural area that is prone to flooding as well.  I am staying at about five miles maximum a day as well...my knees and feet have been giving me major grief so I am not pushing myself. However that doesn't mean I don't want to walk.  One of my favourite British Walking Federation walks is one that starts at Westminster tube station and covers 10km to St Katherines Docks just east of the Tower of London.  Yesterday I walked as far as St Paul's and will do the rest of the walk in the next couple of days.  Normally I do this entire 10 km walk my first day in London but not this time... So here are some of the highlights along the way....what a gorgeous day it was.  A different view of Big Ben Can you believe this was my first time on Parliament Square Another hero on Parliament Square Classic ...

The Colourful houses of Mazatlan, Mexico

Well this isn't even Throwback Thursday and I am reminiscing about my (all too short) week in Mazatlan, Mexcico in January of 2010.  It was one of my best holidays EVER.  I stayed in a delightful little hotel called La Siesta which was on the waterfront in the central part of town.(known as centro) overlooking the ocean.   I walked around the town photographing buildings, ocean views, dogs....visited the Mercado, attended a fantastic Flamenco dance performance in the restored Teatro (theatre), toasted the sunset with a beer from my balcony every evening and ate at some wonderful restaurants.  I also took a couple of day trips which were okay but my time in Mazatlan overshadowed anything else I did. My one foray into the Gold (tourist) Zone left me horrified and scampering back to my beloved Centro.  And did I mention I did this as a solo trip?  Mexico has had a lot of bad press lately and while there ARE bad things going on there I still believe the average...

Cowboys and Outlaws in the Big Muddy of Saskatchewan

One of the (very) few advantages of being stuck at home during this pandemic has been an opportunity to see more of my home province of Saskatchewan.  Last summer and fall not only did I do a couple of day trips with friends but I took four day tours with Engelheim transport, a local Regina company.   I have to admit my favourite day out was the "Big Muddy Valley and Outlaws" tour. While I had been to the Big Muddy previously many years back I was eager to revisit and learn more of its history.   So in early October, I hopped on board and off we went.  The bus is only booked to half capacity so it was easy to social distance, hand gel was a must each time we boarded the bus,  masks were required when you got on and off the bus and in any buildings we visited.  I felt totally safe and oh my, it was so good to have an adventure!!  Despite the name the Big Muddy isn't a big huge puddle of mud but a valley of badlands that were formed from a glac...