Skip to main content

Back in London town

Back in London town. My flights with Qatar were both good - I'd fly with them again. However 12 hours of flight time (not including stop over) was exhausting. The airport hotel last night was very good and I got the bus there no problem. I slept like a log last night. Back at Simon's now and the wifi is better than last time although it still goes off at times.

I did my laundry today - two huge loads of it. After sorting it all out here I walked over to Marks and Spencer in the Temple Fortune area. I walked through some woods - the Big Woods it is called. Very pretty. Well guess what I got for my supper...yep..a prawn and mayonaiise sandwich. (and apple juice...and other stuff which you don't have to know about!!) I didn't see any at first and was heartbroken so wandered around the store picking up other things (all the while whimpering and muttering...man I'd kill for a microwave...such good food...) and back to the sandwich resigned to a wensleydale and carrot sandwich then what to my wandering eyes do appear but a prawn and mayonnaise sandwich. Hurray! I was just in the mood for one. Maybe I will try that cheese and carrot sandwich another day.

Double Corrie tonight..woo hoo life is good. Gonna upload pictures as well. I may try to put some on here or Facebook but it depends on the connection.

It may have to wait until I get home...what else am I going to do at 3 a.m. in the morning when I am awake from the jetlag.

It's a delicious feeling to be back in London. I thoroughly enjoyed my Nepalese adventure but it was time to go. The airport at Kathmandu was chaos too...talk about disorganized. Yikes.

I still have a bit of a tummy bug. When I got to the B and B Simon was talking on and on and I had to say Simon sorry I have to use the loo....and man did I. Just lucky nothing happened on the tube. It's not bad, could be worse. At least I wasn't in bed all day like I was when I got back from the Middle East. Lots of flu going around here though so I won't count my chickens...just fingers crossed I don't get it.

Lots of things planned for the next ten days....no time to get sick!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk from Westminster to St Paul's Cathedral

I have decided to put the Thames Path on hold until I am back in London next month and we have more Spring like weather...I will be going into a more rural area that is prone to flooding as well.  I am staying at about five miles maximum a day as well...my knees and feet have been giving me major grief so I am not pushing myself. However that doesn't mean I don't want to walk.  One of my favourite British Walking Federation walks is one that starts at Westminster tube station and covers 10km to St Katherines Docks just east of the Tower of London.  Yesterday I walked as far as St Paul's and will do the rest of the walk in the next couple of days.  Normally I do this entire 10 km walk my first day in London but not this time... So here are some of the highlights along the way....what a gorgeous day it was.  A different view of Big Ben Can you believe this was my first time on Parliament Square Another hero on Parliament Square Classic ...

The Colourful houses of Mazatlan, Mexico

Well this isn't even Throwback Thursday and I am reminiscing about my (all too short) week in Mazatlan, Mexcico in January of 2010.  It was one of my best holidays EVER.  I stayed in a delightful little hotel called La Siesta which was on the waterfront in the central part of town.(known as centro) overlooking the ocean.   I walked around the town photographing buildings, ocean views, dogs....visited the Mercado, attended a fantastic Flamenco dance performance in the restored Teatro (theatre), toasted the sunset with a beer from my balcony every evening and ate at some wonderful restaurants.  I also took a couple of day trips which were okay but my time in Mazatlan overshadowed anything else I did. My one foray into the Gold (tourist) Zone left me horrified and scampering back to my beloved Centro.  And did I mention I did this as a solo trip?  Mexico has had a lot of bad press lately and while there ARE bad things going on there I still believe the average...

Cowboys and Outlaws in the Big Muddy of Saskatchewan

One of the (very) few advantages of being stuck at home during this pandemic has been an opportunity to see more of my home province of Saskatchewan.  Last summer and fall not only did I do a couple of day trips with friends but I took four day tours with Engelheim transport, a local Regina company.   I have to admit my favourite day out was the "Big Muddy Valley and Outlaws" tour. While I had been to the Big Muddy previously many years back I was eager to revisit and learn more of its history.   So in early October, I hopped on board and off we went.  The bus is only booked to half capacity so it was easy to social distance, hand gel was a must each time we boarded the bus,  masks were required when you got on and off the bus and in any buildings we visited.  I felt totally safe and oh my, it was so good to have an adventure!!  Despite the name the Big Muddy isn't a big huge puddle of mud but a valley of badlands that were formed from a glac...