Skip to main content

Oh it's good to be back home again....NOT

Back in the land of ice and snow..boo hoo. I left London with a very heavy heart and tears in my eyes. However I will be back...not sure when but hopefully in better weather. I always seem to be going there on my way to somewhere else lately.

No bumping...there were 135 empty seats which worked for me. I moved over to an empty middle row and was able to stretch out and close my eyes. The flights were good...I had a longer layover in Minneapolis than I had thought but just hung out. If I wasn't so tired I'd have gone to the Mall of America as it's just a light rail ride away but then again with security and all.....by the time I got through customs it was nearly 1 a.m. I had the taxi driver make a stop at 7/11 so I could get cream for my coffee and milk for my tea...the necessities of life!!! I am living off stuff in my deep freeze today - no intention of venturing out there. Tomorrow it's a hair cut and a small grocery shopping expedition...

If I can figure out how to run my TV I will be happy - they did a major upgrade while I was away...don't think the DVR is a go right now but even trying to figure out the Cable TV...luckily they sent a guide book along with new remote controls so shall work on that later. But that requires way more coffee or sleep....

Next up is working my way through the stack of Christmas mail which will be fun. Unpacking...not so fun....that can wait until later today.

I will be posting pictures and talking more about my trip. Impressions of Nepal and all that..what an amazing adventure it was. A dream come true for me...I can tell you the highlights were the elephant rides and the plane trip to see Everest. And the wonderful people with their beautiful smiles.... I will remember those for the rest of my life...or I should say until the dementia kicks in!!! (worse than it is now I should say!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk from Westminster to St Paul's Cathedral

I have decided to put the Thames Path on hold until I am back in London next month and we have more Spring like weather...I will be going into a more rural area that is prone to flooding as well.  I am staying at about five miles maximum a day as well...my knees and feet have been giving me major grief so I am not pushing myself. However that doesn't mean I don't want to walk.  One of my favourite British Walking Federation walks is one that starts at Westminster tube station and covers 10km to St Katherines Docks just east of the Tower of London.  Yesterday I walked as far as St Paul's and will do the rest of the walk in the next couple of days.  Normally I do this entire 10 km walk my first day in London but not this time... So here are some of the highlights along the way....what a gorgeous day it was.  A different view of Big Ben Can you believe this was my first time on Parliament Square Another hero on Parliament Square Classic ...

The Colourful houses of Mazatlan, Mexico

Well this isn't even Throwback Thursday and I am reminiscing about my (all too short) week in Mazatlan, Mexcico in January of 2010.  It was one of my best holidays EVER.  I stayed in a delightful little hotel called La Siesta which was on the waterfront in the central part of town.(known as centro) overlooking the ocean.   I walked around the town photographing buildings, ocean views, dogs....visited the Mercado, attended a fantastic Flamenco dance performance in the restored Teatro (theatre), toasted the sunset with a beer from my balcony every evening and ate at some wonderful restaurants.  I also took a couple of day trips which were okay but my time in Mazatlan overshadowed anything else I did. My one foray into the Gold (tourist) Zone left me horrified and scampering back to my beloved Centro.  And did I mention I did this as a solo trip?  Mexico has had a lot of bad press lately and while there ARE bad things going on there I still believe the average...

Cowboys and Outlaws in the Big Muddy of Saskatchewan

One of the (very) few advantages of being stuck at home during this pandemic has been an opportunity to see more of my home province of Saskatchewan.  Last summer and fall not only did I do a couple of day trips with friends but I took four day tours with Engelheim transport, a local Regina company.   I have to admit my favourite day out was the "Big Muddy Valley and Outlaws" tour. While I had been to the Big Muddy previously many years back I was eager to revisit and learn more of its history.   So in early October, I hopped on board and off we went.  The bus is only booked to half capacity so it was easy to social distance, hand gel was a must each time we boarded the bus,  masks were required when you got on and off the bus and in any buildings we visited.  I felt totally safe and oh my, it was so good to have an adventure!!  Despite the name the Big Muddy isn't a big huge puddle of mud but a valley of badlands that were formed from a glac...