Skip to main content

On top of the world and on the bottom


Yes that's what my certificate says anyway..On Top of the World....it was an awesome flight and Everest was peeking out at us. Hard to believe I've seen it. We got to go up to the flight deck and take pictures too. Was expensive but worth it. Woohoo I've seen Everest..plus of course all the others - all the highest peaks in the world. Magnificent.

Nearly cancelled as I am ill but immodium to the rescue - hate using that as it bungs you up something fierce although no one can accuse it of doing that to me this time. Sheesh. Hope I lose weight out of this. I guess it was the meal last night - something did not agree with me but who knows what. So here I am typing this in bed.

Got NO sleep last night due to idiotic people down the hall from me....they are carrying on now so am going to see if I can move it although I think the hotel is full. IDIOTS. They had their door open and were yelling and laughing and carrying on - no clue as they are Indians and spoke Hindi. I yelled across the hall to close their door and nothing so I went over and closed it myself. They opened it up so I called the front desk and security went to them and all went quiet....the kids are in the room beside me and just imagine the racket three unsupervised boys from about 8 to 12 can make...yep. They were banging on the parents door for ages so guess they were celebrating New Years...ahem. Then playing music. Anyway something has to be done as I cannot handle another night without sleep with a big flight tomorrow. It's like being in a New Delhi slum or something...whoops that was rascist forgive me but I am in a bitchy mood. Hey it can't be all moonlight and roses on the road. And for the record no hunky English men around....trust me on that one. Yikes. Now if the guide was six inches taller and not married...hmm.....but guys an inch shorter than me....nope.

Off to London town tomorrow at 12:35 p.m.. Whee! I've enjoyed my time here and Nepal is much calmer than India and I've lived my dream but I've had my fill of the third world for this time around. Esp. ending it in Kathmandu..words cannot describe how I loathe this city.

Oh and for those who care the internal terminal of the airport had horrific bathrooms - luckily one normal toilet with a door that was filthy but better than going in the communal squat toilets...yep remember my post on two toilets...this had four squat toilets in a row! I took a picture and a lady from Spain came in = she was on our flight and kept giving me strange looks the whole time. Ha ha. So guess that's what I have to look forward to in the international terminal tomorrow - I used the loo when I arrived here and it was "normal" but dirty. Let's just say squat toilets are interesting when you can't bend your knees....oh yeah....

Think I had better sign out for now....going to head downstairs and check in online for my flight and get my boarding passes and get some money changed. So far the cheese sandwich is staying where it should...fingers crossed!!!

Hopefully my bowels behave or it's back to the immodium and I will be so damn bunged up my eyes will bulge. (thought I'd leave you with that image..)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk from Westminster to St Paul's Cathedral

I have decided to put the Thames Path on hold until I am back in London next month and we have more Spring like weather...I will be going into a more rural area that is prone to flooding as well.  I am staying at about five miles maximum a day as well...my knees and feet have been giving me major grief so I am not pushing myself. However that doesn't mean I don't want to walk.  One of my favourite British Walking Federation walks is one that starts at Westminster tube station and covers 10km to St Katherines Docks just east of the Tower of London.  Yesterday I walked as far as St Paul's and will do the rest of the walk in the next couple of days.  Normally I do this entire 10 km walk my first day in London but not this time... So here are some of the highlights along the way....what a gorgeous day it was.  A different view of Big Ben Can you believe this was my first time on Parliament Square Another hero on Parliament Square Classic ...

The Colourful houses of Mazatlan, Mexico

Well this isn't even Throwback Thursday and I am reminiscing about my (all too short) week in Mazatlan, Mexcico in January of 2010.  It was one of my best holidays EVER.  I stayed in a delightful little hotel called La Siesta which was on the waterfront in the central part of town.(known as centro) overlooking the ocean.   I walked around the town photographing buildings, ocean views, dogs....visited the Mercado, attended a fantastic Flamenco dance performance in the restored Teatro (theatre), toasted the sunset with a beer from my balcony every evening and ate at some wonderful restaurants.  I also took a couple of day trips which were okay but my time in Mazatlan overshadowed anything else I did. My one foray into the Gold (tourist) Zone left me horrified and scampering back to my beloved Centro.  And did I mention I did this as a solo trip?  Mexico has had a lot of bad press lately and while there ARE bad things going on there I still believe the average...

Cowboys and Outlaws in the Big Muddy of Saskatchewan

One of the (very) few advantages of being stuck at home during this pandemic has been an opportunity to see more of my home province of Saskatchewan.  Last summer and fall not only did I do a couple of day trips with friends but I took four day tours with Engelheim transport, a local Regina company.   I have to admit my favourite day out was the "Big Muddy Valley and Outlaws" tour. While I had been to the Big Muddy previously many years back I was eager to revisit and learn more of its history.   So in early October, I hopped on board and off we went.  The bus is only booked to half capacity so it was easy to social distance, hand gel was a must each time we boarded the bus,  masks were required when you got on and off the bus and in any buildings we visited.  I felt totally safe and oh my, it was so good to have an adventure!!  Despite the name the Big Muddy isn't a big huge puddle of mud but a valley of badlands that were formed from a glac...