Skip to main content

Part two

Okay nature called and I had to listen but didn't want to leave my post up. I am using the internet cafe as the Wifi at Simon's is a bit too erratic. He was going to have it looked at while I was away but he was sick and I haven't brought it up - for 25 pounds a night for bed and breakfast I am not going to bitch about the free wifi not working.
I have an invitation for tea but can't see me going. Sunday morning on the way to the tube station I decided to follow a little path that had intrigued me and saw a dog and then the lady who owned it and we walked together. Before I knew it she had invited me to stay with her next time I am in London...uh...I don't think so....perfect stranger? Very kind of her but no...She is an American living here...her husband is away right now and she said come for tea. She lives nearby. Anyway she was very friendly and kind but not sure I feel comfortable doing this with someone I've known five minutes. Maybe I'll be sold as a sex slave or something...(hmm..on second thought...). I am probably missing out on a wonderful friendship but no....but we had a great conversation and I found a fun short cut. The lane is called "Wild Hatch" - don't you just love it.

Still loving London so much...two more sleeps and I will start the trek home. I have mixed feelings. On one hand it will be good to sleep in my own DOUBLE bed (it's been all single hard beds for five weeks) and great to see my friends again but I will miss being on the road and the freedom it brings. Nepal was fantastic and I am so glad I did this trip. Like Peru, it is once in a lifetime. I loved it but don't need to go back. I've found that sometimes it's best not to go back. It's never the same. It did show me the weakness of my body though and before I go off on my next worldwide adventure I must lose weight and get in better shape. My knees are still bothering me and stairs are not my friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk from Westminster to St Paul's Cathedral

I have decided to put the Thames Path on hold until I am back in London next month and we have more Spring like weather...I will be going into a more rural area that is prone to flooding as well.  I am staying at about five miles maximum a day as well...my knees and feet have been giving me major grief so I am not pushing myself. However that doesn't mean I don't want to walk.  One of my favourite British Walking Federation walks is one that starts at Westminster tube station and covers 10km to St Katherines Docks just east of the Tower of London.  Yesterday I walked as far as St Paul's and will do the rest of the walk in the next couple of days.  Normally I do this entire 10 km walk my first day in London but not this time... So here are some of the highlights along the way....what a gorgeous day it was.  A different view of Big Ben Can you believe this was my first time on Parliament Square Another hero on Parliament Square Classic ...

The Colourful houses of Mazatlan, Mexico

Well this isn't even Throwback Thursday and I am reminiscing about my (all too short) week in Mazatlan, Mexcico in January of 2010.  It was one of my best holidays EVER.  I stayed in a delightful little hotel called La Siesta which was on the waterfront in the central part of town.(known as centro) overlooking the ocean.   I walked around the town photographing buildings, ocean views, dogs....visited the Mercado, attended a fantastic Flamenco dance performance in the restored Teatro (theatre), toasted the sunset with a beer from my balcony every evening and ate at some wonderful restaurants.  I also took a couple of day trips which were okay but my time in Mazatlan overshadowed anything else I did. My one foray into the Gold (tourist) Zone left me horrified and scampering back to my beloved Centro.  And did I mention I did this as a solo trip?  Mexico has had a lot of bad press lately and while there ARE bad things going on there I still believe the average...

Cowboys and Outlaws in the Big Muddy of Saskatchewan

One of the (very) few advantages of being stuck at home during this pandemic has been an opportunity to see more of my home province of Saskatchewan.  Last summer and fall not only did I do a couple of day trips with friends but I took four day tours with Engelheim transport, a local Regina company.   I have to admit my favourite day out was the "Big Muddy Valley and Outlaws" tour. While I had been to the Big Muddy previously many years back I was eager to revisit and learn more of its history.   So in early October, I hopped on board and off we went.  The bus is only booked to half capacity so it was easy to social distance, hand gel was a must each time we boarded the bus,  masks were required when you got on and off the bus and in any buildings we visited.  I felt totally safe and oh my, it was so good to have an adventure!!  Despite the name the Big Muddy isn't a big huge puddle of mud but a valley of badlands that were formed from a glac...