Skip to main content

Cuppa tea and a biscuit (or two)

Back in my room to rest up before heading out tonight. Yes having a cuppa tea and a biccie or two....Marks and Spencers extremely chocolately orange biscuits. Oh my my...I had forgotten how much I love you. I have been pretty good since I've been in the UK - I think I had too much chocolate in my system (is there such a thing as too much chocolate?) from Germany - hell I still have most of the stash I was given so it may be coming back with me. (talk nice to me people and I may share!) Haven't even had a date with Mr Kipling this trip and doubt that I will but then again there are still a few days left.

Had a late start this morning...told Simon no breakfast please so no alarm clock - of course woke up at the usual 7:30 but lounged a bit in bed and then had some fruit and yogurt. M & S sell these lovely packages called mango tango that have pieces of fresh mango and pineapple in. Very yummy. And pear with butterscotch yogurt - love all these different things. I walked over to the market place and got a bus and got off at East Finchley because I'd never been there. Had a coffee and bacon sarnie in a coffee shop and wrote a bit in my diary. It has been totally neglected since Germany being as I am doing my blog - only time for so much "paperwork"!

I then took the tube to Camden Town and visited the market...got a couple of little things but nothing much. I want to buy some new funky handmade earrings but I can't find any that "grab" me. It was quieter than on a Saturday which is when I typically go which was good but then again the shop keepers were not busy so I could not get photographs of all the crazy t-shirts as they don't like that...anyway it was fun looking. I then did something I've been wanting to do for a while and that was walk along the Grand Union canal to Kings Cross which took me about 30 minutes and was enough for my foot today. It wasn't the most scenic walk - in fact it was down right ugly in places but the canal fascinates me. So much so that I visited the London Canal musuem which was interesting.

Hopped the tube back here and am resting my throbbing foot. Off to the Sadler Wells theatre in Islington tonight to see The Nutcracker...the alternate version...should be interesting. Rosie, Simon's wife told me she did not like it at all and it spoiled the music for her. I LOVE the Nutcracker music so we shall see.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk from Westminster to St Paul's Cathedral

I have decided to put the Thames Path on hold until I am back in London next month and we have more Spring like weather...I will be going into a more rural area that is prone to flooding as well.  I am staying at about five miles maximum a day as well...my knees and feet have been giving me major grief so I am not pushing myself. However that doesn't mean I don't want to walk.  One of my favourite British Walking Federation walks is one that starts at Westminster tube station and covers 10km to St Katherines Docks just east of the Tower of London.  Yesterday I walked as far as St Paul's and will do the rest of the walk in the next couple of days.  Normally I do this entire 10 km walk my first day in London but not this time... So here are some of the highlights along the way....what a gorgeous day it was.  A different view of Big Ben Can you believe this was my first time on Parliament Square Another hero on Parliament Square Classic ...

The Colourful houses of Mazatlan, Mexico

Well this isn't even Throwback Thursday and I am reminiscing about my (all too short) week in Mazatlan, Mexcico in January of 2010.  It was one of my best holidays EVER.  I stayed in a delightful little hotel called La Siesta which was on the waterfront in the central part of town.(known as centro) overlooking the ocean.   I walked around the town photographing buildings, ocean views, dogs....visited the Mercado, attended a fantastic Flamenco dance performance in the restored Teatro (theatre), toasted the sunset with a beer from my balcony every evening and ate at some wonderful restaurants.  I also took a couple of day trips which were okay but my time in Mazatlan overshadowed anything else I did. My one foray into the Gold (tourist) Zone left me horrified and scampering back to my beloved Centro.  And did I mention I did this as a solo trip?  Mexico has had a lot of bad press lately and while there ARE bad things going on there I still believe the average...

Cowboys and Outlaws in the Big Muddy of Saskatchewan

One of the (very) few advantages of being stuck at home during this pandemic has been an opportunity to see more of my home province of Saskatchewan.  Last summer and fall not only did I do a couple of day trips with friends but I took four day tours with Engelheim transport, a local Regina company.   I have to admit my favourite day out was the "Big Muddy Valley and Outlaws" tour. While I had been to the Big Muddy previously many years back I was eager to revisit and learn more of its history.   So in early October, I hopped on board and off we went.  The bus is only booked to half capacity so it was easy to social distance, hand gel was a must each time we boarded the bus,  masks were required when you got on and off the bus and in any buildings we visited.  I felt totally safe and oh my, it was so good to have an adventure!!  Despite the name the Big Muddy isn't a big huge puddle of mud but a valley of badlands that were formed from a glac...