Skip to main content

Some memorable meals from around the world!!!

Gumbo and shrimp poboy - New Orleans 
Momos  - Kathmandu, Nepal

Fish cakes and salad - St Johns, Newfoundland

My first whole lobster -(sorry!)  Baddeck, Nova Scotia


Pecan pie - Austin, Texas

Pepper crab - Kep, Cambodia

Singapore Sling, Raffles Hotel Singapore

Fruit plate - Kep

Fish amok - Battambang, Cambodia

Khmer vegetable curry in a coconut - Cambodia

Vegetable curry

Cappucino and Chocolate torte - Germany

Bratwurst, warm potato salad and buns - Germany

Traditional Xmas dinner - Duck, red cabbage and dumplings - Germany

Coffee mousse - Costa Rica

Enjoying the best coffee - Costa Rica

Mango lassi - India


Tray of appetizers - Jordan

Bratwurst and bun - Salzburg, Austria

Crawfish pie and sweet potato mash - Kentucky

Pizza and salad together- Pizza Express - London

Kebob with fixings  - London

Vegetable korma - London

Fish and chips - London




One of the best burgers ever - Burlington, Vermont

Arctic char, caribou medallions - Iqaluit, Nunavut


Espresso and macarons - Quebec City

Sugar pie - Quebec City

Cactus with deep fried beans and potatoes - Mazatlan


"Divorced" eggs Mazatlan

Arctic char - at Bullocks in Yellowknife

Deep dish pizza - Chicago

Beef, Alpaca and ostrich - Lima, Peru

Pot roast, fried green tomatoes, hush puppies and greens. It tasted better than it looked.  Montgomery, Alabama

Muffeleta sandwich, New Orleans

Jambalaya, New Orleans

Tourtierre, Quebec City

Comments

Dena said…
What an amazing and unique way to tell the whole story (to me anyway). Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

A walk from Westminster to St Paul's Cathedral

I have decided to put the Thames Path on hold until I am back in London next month and we have more Spring like weather...I will be going into a more rural area that is prone to flooding as well.  I am staying at about five miles maximum a day as well...my knees and feet have been giving me major grief so I am not pushing myself. However that doesn't mean I don't want to walk.  One of my favourite British Walking Federation walks is one that starts at Westminster tube station and covers 10km to St Katherines Docks just east of the Tower of London.  Yesterday I walked as far as St Paul's and will do the rest of the walk in the next couple of days.  Normally I do this entire 10 km walk my first day in London but not this time... So here are some of the highlights along the way....what a gorgeous day it was.  A different view of Big Ben Can you believe this was my first time on Parliament Square Another hero on Parliament Square Classic ...

The Colourful houses of Mazatlan, Mexico

Well this isn't even Throwback Thursday and I am reminiscing about my (all too short) week in Mazatlan, Mexcico in January of 2010.  It was one of my best holidays EVER.  I stayed in a delightful little hotel called La Siesta which was on the waterfront in the central part of town.(known as centro) overlooking the ocean.   I walked around the town photographing buildings, ocean views, dogs....visited the Mercado, attended a fantastic Flamenco dance performance in the restored Teatro (theatre), toasted the sunset with a beer from my balcony every evening and ate at some wonderful restaurants.  I also took a couple of day trips which were okay but my time in Mazatlan overshadowed anything else I did. My one foray into the Gold (tourist) Zone left me horrified and scampering back to my beloved Centro.  And did I mention I did this as a solo trip?  Mexico has had a lot of bad press lately and while there ARE bad things going on there I still believe the average...

Cowboys and Outlaws in the Big Muddy of Saskatchewan

One of the (very) few advantages of being stuck at home during this pandemic has been an opportunity to see more of my home province of Saskatchewan.  Last summer and fall not only did I do a couple of day trips with friends but I took four day tours with Engelheim transport, a local Regina company.   I have to admit my favourite day out was the "Big Muddy Valley and Outlaws" tour. While I had been to the Big Muddy previously many years back I was eager to revisit and learn more of its history.   So in early October, I hopped on board and off we went.  The bus is only booked to half capacity so it was easy to social distance, hand gel was a must each time we boarded the bus,  masks were required when you got on and off the bus and in any buildings we visited.  I felt totally safe and oh my, it was so good to have an adventure!!  Despite the name the Big Muddy isn't a big huge puddle of mud but a valley of badlands that were formed from a glac...