Skip to main content

Two Macca zapped crazies take on Southern Saskatchewan and other shenanigans

Wellthe  last post covered the concert....now for the next few days!!  After the concert Pat and I walked back to my place via the Hotel Saskatchewan.  There were a crowd of people walking and so we cut through Victoria Park. (not recommended at night)  We were chatting quite loudly and got yelled at by a homeless person sleeping on a bench.  Oops - sorry!  We hung out in the lobby of the Hotel Sask as there were a couple of fellows playing Beatles/Paul songs on the piano and guitars.  It was great fun and we sung along.  It just seemed sad to have the magical night end but alas it did and we walked home.  Bizarro...WALKING HOME AFTER A PAUL CONCERT.  Now that's a first!!! 

The next day I had to work - BUMMER.  I must admit I wasn't much use as I was so tired and Paul zapped. After work we went for Vietnamese food and came back to my apartment and June came over later for drinks on the balcony.  We talked about travel - turns out Pat will be in Santiago when June and the gang come in from their 100 mile walk.  

Back to work the next day...ugh.  Oh well it pays for my fun.  Oh I l mean I love my job I love my job!! I live and dream about my job.  (in case the boss reads this) 

I picked up a rental car after I got off work at 1 and off we sailed to Moose Jaw. (with a lunch stop at Five Guys burgers before we left town)   I showed Pat the area we walk around in the Wakamow Valley.  Of course we had to sit and pose on the ceramic turtle.

The turtle is the neatest thing - ceramics all over the turtle done by local school children.  Very cool.






Then on we went to the spa and had a soak in the mineral spa.  It hit the spot for Pat who was having problems with her knee.  I enjoyed it but found it a bit hot so sat out for most of it.  I prefer it on a cold winter's day! 

I then took Pat for a bit of a drive around to see the murals that Moose Jaw is famous for. 

We stopped off to say hi to Mac the Moose before we left town...





I've got an even better  one of Mac but this is a family blog - oh hell no it isn't - here it is!!!


Sadly it had clouded up so couldn't take Pat up Goose Hill for the spectacular sunset view.

Saturday it was out to Regina Beach to do the walk from Lumsden Beach to Regina Beach with my walking group.   The soak in the mineral pool had really helped Pat's knee so she was able to walk 8.5 km.  We then had lunch at the Bluebird Cafe.

Back to Regina and we decided to wander over to the Hotel Saskatchewan.  I had been to the Royal Suite a few times - on tours and once for an event.  Anyway I asked if we could do a tour and sure enough it was vacant so off we went with a very young (and cute) bellhop.  He showed us around and innocently said "I think Paul McCartney stayed here".  Well duh...we knew that - that's why we were there but of course we tried to be discreet.  I think he clued in when we asked if we could sit on the bed...he hesitated and then said sure as long as we didn't disturb the sheets. (yeah like we were going to jump on and roll around on it...well on second thought...)  So we perched on the side and had our picture taken.  I'm not sure if we amused him or frightened him!!



That evening we watched...what else..Paul videos and visited.  Next morning we went to the park and to the waterfowl park to feed all the geese and ducks. All too soon it was time for my Paul buddy to head off back to Buffalo......what an amazing few days it was.  Back to reality with a bang....but not for long.............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peeing on fish or a fish out of water

Well this morning we headed off by boat to Siem Reap.  Due to the low water on the Tonie Sap Lake (more like a river until near the end of the trip when it widened considerably) the trip would be an 8 hour one... It was supposed to be boring but ended up as anything but...in no certain order...let's see.... We had a rest stop (turned out to be the only one) along the way and the loo was just a hole over the lake and there were fish circling around underneath.  Yes it was just a hole in the floor...you definitely had someone watch your stuff while you went in or one false move and your camera/purse or whatever would be in the lake.  The fish either like the warm pee coming in or they are pervs and like to see ladies parts.  We were just a few minutes out when all of a sudden there was something flying over me and jumping all over the floor - a little fish!  Guess he wanted to join the tour.  Roger reached down and scooped him up while I hooted and hollered.  Okay it wasn&#

A walk along the coffin trail (and a couple of lakes) in the Lake District

While in the Lake District I wanted to do some light walking but not heavy duty hiking where I could easily get lost and my body not found for days partially eaten by hungry...sheep?  Anyway, you get the drift...not too grueling and safe for a solo walker.  I get a bit nervous when I am too far from civilization. There are lots of books about walking in the Lake District but they seem to be all about walking the fells in remote places...neither Thelma nor I fancied that.  While browsing in the post office/shop in Ambleside one day (if you are ever in Ambleside you must go there - a treasure!) I found a stand of walk descriptions on post cards.  And there I found my walk.  After all who could resist a stroll on the "coffin trail" in William Wordsworth country... I took a look and thought hmm...cafe along the route...that works for me. (with at least the security of knowing there was an available "loo" along the way.)  Okay, I may not have totally followed the

The highlights of my Fall 2023 trip

I'm back home after a great six weeks away. This was a "short" trip for me.  So here we go with an overview of my trip.   London London for me is always a good idea.  I fell in love with it back in the mid 70's and it's been calling me back ever since. Some of the best things in my life have happened in London.  When I learned my two Oz friends Loraine and Linda were going to be in London in the fall I knew I had to be there.  And what fun we had!!  Of course, I did loads of other things as well.  I spent two weeks there from mid September until very early October and then back again for four nights at the end of October before flying home.   After over five years (delayed for two and a half years thanks to Covid) of walking, I finally finished the 126 km Capital Ring.  The picture above is taken at the end of my walk and where I started in May of 2018 at the main door of Streatham Common station just steps from my B and B.  What a walk!  I got to see so much more