Monday, September 22, 2014

A day at the Vancouver Aquarium

Nowadays visiting an aquarium or zoo seems to be a controversial thing to do.  (I am not even going to comment on that as it would be a blog post of its own)  When Julie said she wanted to visit the Vancouver Aquarium I advised her to do that the day after I left or else I'd do something else while she was there.  So I am sure she was quite surprised when we were discussing what to do on our last full day together and I said to her "why don't we go to the aquarium?".   It was a great day out and I make NO apologies for it.  This is a facility that rescues sea mammals & is active in local and international conservation.  While I don't approve of circuses who use live animals and I don't support zoos or aquariums that use the animals solely as entertainment I do think this one is a good one and my conscience felt clear.  The aquarium is in Stanley Park and has been renovated since I was there fifteen years ago. 

So come along while we meet the various finned, furred and feathered residents of the aquarium.

Who doesn't love penguins? 


Photos of rescued sea lions who were nursed back to health and released into the ocean

Love the names!


Beluga whales- so beautiful!!! 


We then enjoyed the dolphin show. 



 And we got to see the sealions do their thing as well - this one was a real sassy dude.


Wally the sea otter -one of the cutest things on this planet!!





Scarlet Ibis in the Amazon section - aren't they gorgeous? 


.  All in all a great day out!!  Would I go again?  Probably not but I've learned that "never say never".




No comments: