Skip to main content

Stalking Shaun the Sheep - Part 1

I can hear it already..."she hasn't even told us about Europe yet and she's blogging about stalking a sheep"?  Yep, deal with it!!!  There are 50 sculptures of Shaun the Sheep, a popular cartoon character over here - they are all over London until the end of May. They will be auctioned off later this year to raise money for sick children in hospitals across the UK.   I only saw a quarter of them and the goal is at least half...

So here we go....the first one I saw was just inside the entrance to The Shard (tallest building in London)...named Rainbow....I will put their names and locations under the picture...enjoy!!! 


Up next was Globe trotter on the banks of the Thames near Tower Bridge....I felt a kinship with this one for some reason!!!  




And saw some more along the Thames......you won't see the ones I thought were a bit boring!

Petal...

To Sheep Perchance to Dream - outside the Globe theatre

side view...

side view...

Br-ewe-nei at the Tate Modern, Bankside

Out of this world - City of London info centre

another view

Chelsea Pen-shaun-er - outside St Pauls Cathedral

A capital view - Festival gardens, St Paul's

Fine and Candy - at One New Change shopping centre

Hamish at Paternoster Square

Literary Lamb at Temple Bar

Another One Rides the Bus - Covent Garden

side view

Candy Baa...Covent Garden

Nelson - roundabout at Trafalgar Square
And those are the highlights so far...it was difficult getting good photos and they tend to have people in them as loads of tourists out yesterday and I tended to take several to catch all sides...hope you enjoyed them and didn't fall asleep...from counting sheep of course! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk from Westminster to St Paul's Cathedral

I have decided to put the Thames Path on hold until I am back in London next month and we have more Spring like weather...I will be going into a more rural area that is prone to flooding as well.  I am staying at about five miles maximum a day as well...my knees and feet have been giving me major grief so I am not pushing myself. However that doesn't mean I don't want to walk.  One of my favourite British Walking Federation walks is one that starts at Westminster tube station and covers 10km to St Katherines Docks just east of the Tower of London.  Yesterday I walked as far as St Paul's and will do the rest of the walk in the next couple of days.  Normally I do this entire 10 km walk my first day in London but not this time... So here are some of the highlights along the way....what a gorgeous day it was.  A different view of Big Ben Can you believe this was my first time on Parliament Square Another hero on Parliament Square Classic ...

The Colourful houses of Mazatlan, Mexico

Well this isn't even Throwback Thursday and I am reminiscing about my (all too short) week in Mazatlan, Mexcico in January of 2010.  It was one of my best holidays EVER.  I stayed in a delightful little hotel called La Siesta which was on the waterfront in the central part of town.(known as centro) overlooking the ocean.   I walked around the town photographing buildings, ocean views, dogs....visited the Mercado, attended a fantastic Flamenco dance performance in the restored Teatro (theatre), toasted the sunset with a beer from my balcony every evening and ate at some wonderful restaurants.  I also took a couple of day trips which were okay but my time in Mazatlan overshadowed anything else I did. My one foray into the Gold (tourist) Zone left me horrified and scampering back to my beloved Centro.  And did I mention I did this as a solo trip?  Mexico has had a lot of bad press lately and while there ARE bad things going on there I still believe the average...

Cowboys and Outlaws in the Big Muddy of Saskatchewan

One of the (very) few advantages of being stuck at home during this pandemic has been an opportunity to see more of my home province of Saskatchewan.  Last summer and fall not only did I do a couple of day trips with friends but I took four day tours with Engelheim transport, a local Regina company.   I have to admit my favourite day out was the "Big Muddy Valley and Outlaws" tour. While I had been to the Big Muddy previously many years back I was eager to revisit and learn more of its history.   So in early October, I hopped on board and off we went.  The bus is only booked to half capacity so it was easy to social distance, hand gel was a must each time we boarded the bus,  masks were required when you got on and off the bus and in any buildings we visited.  I felt totally safe and oh my, it was so good to have an adventure!!  Despite the name the Big Muddy isn't a big huge puddle of mud but a valley of badlands that were formed from a glac...