Skip to main content

Dogs Waiting

Well here we go on another (short and lame) dog post...I like to take pictures of dogs when I am traveling and especially dogs that are waiting for their owner to come out of the shop, restaurant or post office....don't ask me why but I do.  So here we go...dogs I saw patiently waiting during my last trip.


London March 2016 - don't ask me where because I can't remember!!!


Pup waiting while its owner went fishing - Piran, Slovenia March 2016


Patiently waiting in Ljubljana, Slovenia - March 2016


This trio were waiting outside the Grace Darling museum in Bamburgh, Northumberland May 2016 - their "dad" wasn't far away.


Outside a shop in Berwick, Northumberland  May 2016 - guarding the backpack as well.


Rosie, the border collie waiting for her mum outside a grocery store in Wick, Scotland - May 2016


Not sure if this one was waiting or wanting to do quality control on the food in the cafe - Kenwood House, London


This gang was hanging out while their owners had tea at the Kenwood House outdoor cafe - the dachsund whose rear end is own shown in this picture never shut up - yap, yap, yap...there is a reason only its a** is showing because that's what it was!!! I had planned to sit down and have a cuppa but couldn't stand the racket!!  Hampstead Heath, London May 2016


This one was pretty chilled out - but then again Salt Spring Island in British Columbia is pretty chill!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk from Westminster to St Paul's Cathedral

I have decided to put the Thames Path on hold until I am back in London next month and we have more Spring like weather...I will be going into a more rural area that is prone to flooding as well.  I am staying at about five miles maximum a day as well...my knees and feet have been giving me major grief so I am not pushing myself. However that doesn't mean I don't want to walk.  One of my favourite British Walking Federation walks is one that starts at Westminster tube station and covers 10km to St Katherines Docks just east of the Tower of London.  Yesterday I walked as far as St Paul's and will do the rest of the walk in the next couple of days.  Normally I do this entire 10 km walk my first day in London but not this time... So here are some of the highlights along the way....what a gorgeous day it was.  A different view of Big Ben Can you believe this was my first time on Parliament Square Another hero on Parliament Square Classic ...

The Colourful houses of Mazatlan, Mexico

Well this isn't even Throwback Thursday and I am reminiscing about my (all too short) week in Mazatlan, Mexcico in January of 2010.  It was one of my best holidays EVER.  I stayed in a delightful little hotel called La Siesta which was on the waterfront in the central part of town.(known as centro) overlooking the ocean.   I walked around the town photographing buildings, ocean views, dogs....visited the Mercado, attended a fantastic Flamenco dance performance in the restored Teatro (theatre), toasted the sunset with a beer from my balcony every evening and ate at some wonderful restaurants.  I also took a couple of day trips which were okay but my time in Mazatlan overshadowed anything else I did. My one foray into the Gold (tourist) Zone left me horrified and scampering back to my beloved Centro.  And did I mention I did this as a solo trip?  Mexico has had a lot of bad press lately and while there ARE bad things going on there I still believe the average...

Cowboys and Outlaws in the Big Muddy of Saskatchewan

One of the (very) few advantages of being stuck at home during this pandemic has been an opportunity to see more of my home province of Saskatchewan.  Last summer and fall not only did I do a couple of day trips with friends but I took four day tours with Engelheim transport, a local Regina company.   I have to admit my favourite day out was the "Big Muddy Valley and Outlaws" tour. While I had been to the Big Muddy previously many years back I was eager to revisit and learn more of its history.   So in early October, I hopped on board and off we went.  The bus is only booked to half capacity so it was easy to social distance, hand gel was a must each time we boarded the bus,  masks were required when you got on and off the bus and in any buildings we visited.  I felt totally safe and oh my, it was so good to have an adventure!!  Despite the name the Big Muddy isn't a big huge puddle of mud but a valley of badlands that were formed from a glac...